Tags for my packages

Erich Schubert erich@debian.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:20:04 +0100

Hi Steffen,

> Besides my tigr-glimmer package not being visible in the (nice) packagetool of
> yours, I do not understand the link from your tool to the official Debian

My database is only infrequently updated. The tags are in a very bad
inconsistent state and need a team to properly set them up and fill
them.

> distribution. I'd like to add tasks to my packages myself and apparently the
> Task field of the control file provides this, but debian-policy 3.9 tells me
> not do so unless debian-devel agrees to this.  Am I allowed to do the
> assignment of tools in your packagetool at all?

In my package tool you are welcome to add any tags you like to your
packages. This is _different_ from the "Task" system. Talk to the
tasksel maintainer for that one.

http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/index.cgi?tags=biology

This is the list of 25 packages (do look in "applications", too) of
packages that have the "biology" tag assigned to them.

The data will infrequently be exported (by enrico) to be used in
"synaptic-debtags", "tagcolledit" and an upcoming KDE package manager.

If you prefer using "tagcolledit" for editing the packages, that is just
fine for me. I can import these change files.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.   //\