Tag your packages

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at debian.org
Sun Jul 17 08:56:04 UTC 2005

[I'm not on the usability list so please copy me the replies.]

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 07:10:49PM +0200,
 Enrico Zini <zinie at cs.unibo.it> wrote
 a message of 83 lines which said:

> I realized many developers don't still know that they can tag their
> packages using debtags, nor how this can be done.  Part of it is
> because things are not still as perfect as we'd like them to be.
> However, there is alredy some working tool, and I see no reason not
> to use it.

Done for echoping. A few questions and remarks.

1) I tagged echoping as ipv6::enabled. But the facet ipv6 does not
show up as a subgroup at http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/.

2) The difference between ipv6::enabled and tech::ipv6 is not
obvious...

3) How to tag packages to show that they support IDN (domain names in
Unicode, see RFC 3490) like mutt or echoping?