[Debburn-devel] Problem with fixation of multi-session disc

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Sat Nov 17 06:44:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

> I can successfully record and fixate
> several audio-tracks in tao-mode
> And then record a data track, but this fails in the fixation step:
> Errno: 0 (Success), close track/session scsi sendcmd: no error
> CDB:  5B 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 04 00 26 04 39 0E 00 00 00 00 44 D6 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x4 Hardware Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x44 Qual 0xD6 (internal target failure) [No matching qualifier]
> My question: Is this a problem of the drive or bug in the software?

I would point to the usual combination of drive
and media.
It can hardly be a bug in the burn program.

What you are trying to do is working for me.
It is nevertheless not compliant with the
Rainbow Book specifications for mixed mode
CDs. CD-XA and so.
There are only rumors about this topic
because that part of the books is undisclosed
to the public.

My best guess is that you could burn your
audio stuff with option -xa2 and your data
with option -xa.
This might bring you nearer to the nebulous
specs.

But normally burners do not care about those
subtleties. My burners produce -tao -data -multi
and -tao -audio -multi in various mixes.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas