[Debburn-devel] wodim -tao and wodim -msinfo doesn't work on a DVD

sworddragon2 at aol.com sworddragon2 at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 11:41:57 UTC 2011

I wanted to burn a DVD in TAO mode but wodim said me that he wants to burn in real unknown mode instead of real TAO mode. I used the following command line:

sudo genisoimage -JR -input-charset utf-8 -l -o /tmp/backup.iso /home/sworddragon/test && sudo wodim -multi -v dev=/dev/sr0 speed=1 /tmp/backup.iso

I used the same command line on a CD too and it worked correctly. I changed even the writer but this hasn't changed anything.

The other problem is that wodim -msinfo shows on a DVD every time 0,0 even if there is data on the disk. wodim -toc shows the correct information. On a CD all is working fine again.

I'm using wodim 9:1.1.11-1ubuntu2 from Ubuntu 11.04 dev.