[dcontrol] Names, code, work

Agney Lopes Roth Ferraz agney@users.sourceforge.net
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:14:41 -0300

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:29:15 +0200
Paranoid <paranoid@pcwereld.be> wrote:

> It's available at http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DcontrolDraft
nice shot :)
> I've also posted it to the docs section on alioth, but seems like an
> admin has to approve it or something.
where are you damog ?
> Anyway, for the people to lazy to read the entire doc, i'll summarize
> quickly:
>
> - user friendly
> - no code mess (not C but <scripting language>)
> - multiple UI's (web/gtk/qt/...), how do we solve this? (read doc for
> hints/ideas)
> -
>
> The document is open to editing, but it's best to mail here first and
> summarize briefly what you think and what you have added/changed so
> everyone knows when to look at the doc...
>
> imho, the multiple ui thing is one of the first problems we need to
> tackle, since any tool we write ourself should not be written 3 times
> because webmin/yast/gnomeconfig all need a different gui.

I think that multipli ui is not a big problem, you will need a aplication
with too  layers (a core that do everything and a interface that call
functions on core and make the configuration).
I take a look at CFG and I think that we can use it core and only write some
modules for debian specif configuration to it. What you all think about do
something like that ?