[Debian-eeepc-devel] Free space on SSD after fresh install - and using SDHC card for /home and swap?

Iacopo Spalletti avvisi at spalletti.it
Sun Apr 27 15:57:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 15:35 -0400, Miklos Tomka wrote:
> I tried to use an SDHC card for SWAP and /home, but
> the installer did not allow it (it actually locked up
> when partitioning the SD card). Is it possible to use
> the SD card for SWAP and /home?
Same here :-)
I installed on internal disk only and moved home and swap after install.
But i encountered 2 issues:
- suspend to ram: usb devices are re-enumerated and your sdhc card will
be "ejected" and the "reinserted", and filesystems wont be happy; the
solution is to enable CONFIG_USB_PERSIST and apply this
(http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb@vger.kernel.org/msg02005.html) patch;
i tested it with custom-built 2.6.25 and it's ok
- suspend to disk: i'm struggling to make s2disk work with swap on sdhc card.
things seems to be not so easy because card-reader is a usb device

--
Regards
IS

PGP key block: http://www.spalletti.it/pgp