[Debian-eeepc-devel] Proposal - Debian Live and gSOC

Kim-man 'Punky' TSE punkytse at punknix.com
Fri Feb 29 03:05:29 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I am a lead developer of Voyage Liunx [1] that develop x86 Debian-based
Linux OS for embedded systems.  Over the past few months I have been
monitoring the activities in DebianEeePc project.  I seems now the
project is in a better shape so I now consider to offer help.

I would like to see native Debian support for EeePc.  What I am thinking
about is why don't we offer a live CD or usb disk image version of
DebianEeePC?  Debian Live [2] seems to be a good tools to make it.

What's your view on that?

I have also notices that Google Summer of Code (gSOC) is now open. Shall
we submit project proposal to Debian [4] for student to work on this
project?  I believe this project should attract wide attention to students.

[1] Voyage Linux - http://linux.voyage.hk
[2] Debian Live - http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/
[3] Google Summer of Code - http://code.google.com/soc/
[4] Debian Summer of Code 2008 - http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2008

--
Regards,
Punky

Voyage Solutions (http://solution.voyage.hk)
* Embedded Solutions and Systems
  - Mesh Networking, Captive Portal, IP Surveillance, VoIP/PBX
  - Network Engineering, Development Platform and Consultation

Voyage Linux (http://linux.voyage.hk)