[Debian-eeepc-devel] Wiki update

Damyan Ivanov dmn at debian.org
Sun Mar 30 12:05:12 UTC 2008

-=| Ingmar Van Glabbeek, Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 12:45:29PM +0200 |=-
> I was wondering if a guide to the installation of certain programs
> could be included in the wiki.
> Not for debian in general, but a guide that takes into consideration
> the limited power and storage room of the eee pc.
>
> As an example: why would users install the full openoffice suite,
> which is rather large and uses a lot of resources when there is
> something like abiword.

Feel free to update the wiki in whatever way you find useful.

That said, I have both Gnome and OpenOffice.org installed, Iceweasel,
Gimp, Inkscape, several games, a 256M swap partition and almost a
gigabyte free :)  (SSD is 4G)

What I don't have is a building environment -- GCC, dpkg-dev, pbuilder
chroots etc. I have SSH, though and my regular workstation has these :)

dam            JabberID: dam at jabber.minus273.org