[Debian-eeepc-devel] Gathering information on getting support for 1650 * 1050 resolution

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 2 14:15:30 UTC 2008

Dear list,

I am back to this nice problem. I have the monitor at my home to test
with my EeePC 701 4G. But still no luck. Picture attached.

I will post my data.

Am Montag, den 18.08.2008, 11:30 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:

> 1. cat /proc/cpuinfo

        $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
        processor	: 0
        vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
        cpu family	: 6
        model		: 13
        model name	: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor          900MHz
        stepping	: 8
        cpu MHz		: 630.101
        cache size	: 512 KB
        fdiv_bug	: no
        hlt_bug		: no
        f00f_bug	: no
        coma_bug	: no
        fpu		: yes
        fpu_exception	: yes
        cpuid level	: 2
        wp		: yes
        flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up bts
        bogomips	: 1262.13
        clflush size	: 64
        power management:

> 2. The version of the BIOS. (Press F2 on start up or use dmidecode.)

        $ sudo dmidecode | grep BIOS
        SMBIOS 2.5 present.
        BIOS Information
        BIOS is upgradeable
        BIOS shadowing is allowed
        BIOS ROM is socketed
        BIOS boot specification is supported
        BIOS Revision: 8.12
        BIOS Language Information

> 3. If you use a 22 inch monitor over VGA at a resolution of 1680 * 1050,
> then please attach …
>
> a) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-video-intel

        $ LANG=C dpkg -l xserver-xorg-video-intel
        | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
        ii  xserver-xorg-v 2:2.4.1-1      X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display d

> b) dpkg -l xserver-xorg-core

        $ LANG=C dpkg -l xserver-xorg-core
        | Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
        ii  xserver-xorg-c 2:1.4.99.906-2 Xorg X server - core server

> c) the manufacturer and model number of your monitor,

        ASUS VW222S

> d) your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and

Attached.

> e) your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and

Attached.

> f) what command or front end you are using to switch (xrandr).

        $ xrandr --output VGA --auto --above LVDS

> 4. More ideas, suggestions, …?

I sent a message to the Xorg list [3] as Sven suggested.

Thanks,

Paul

[3] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2008-September/038150.html