[Debian-eeepc-devel] New version of eeepc-acpi-scripts needs testing

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Sun Sep 7 07:24:46 UTC 2008

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 17:33:44 +0300
Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:

> The scripts will work with both drivers, obviously they work better
> with the full kernel support that is not quite there yet.

Aha, thanks for your explanation. I use the native kernel drivers and
not the separate package eeepc-acpi-modules-2.6-686 (which is supposed
to leave the debian sources soon, iirc). So there is no bluetooth
support on my 2.6.26-1-system yet.

> The blue LED stays on if *either* one of wlan or bluetooth is enabled.

Ah, interesting. In my german manual was only written, that it lights
up, when the integrated WLAN is active.

> Not sure if the BT device is really consuming any power if it is
> enabled in the BIOS and the driver unloaded. powertop has some
> suggestions in that case that you may like to follow.

Nice tool, thanks for that hint.

cheers