[Debian-eeepc-devel] Touchpad on 901

Phil Endecott spam_from_debian_eee at chezphil.org
Sat Sep 13 14:22:59 UTC 2008

Dear All,

As I understand it, the touchpad on the '901 is not properly recognised
by Debian's X (see HowTo / Configure / Xorg / Touchpad Scrolling in the
Wiki).  It is treated as a "default mouse", which  means that you can't
enable/disable features like two-finger scrolling, tap-to-click etc.
(For me, both of these features are ON by default - but it seems as if
other people find them OFF by default.)  IIUC it's necessary for the X
synaptics driver and/or the kernel synaptics driver to recognise it,
which neither does.

I just wanted to check if anyone here is aware of any fixes or ongoing
investigation into this.  Presumably the default ASUS Linux has a
patch, but I don't think the Xorg license requires them to publish it.
But maybe they have done anyway.  Does anyone here know anything?

Cheers,  Phil.