[Debian-eeepc-devel] Should I reinstall from scratch?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Aug 13 09:14:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 00:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
Fabien <pogzy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> At this time, wifi is not working animore, Fn+F2 toggle on/off the led but wicd does not see any wireless network, I renamed the eth0 to wlan0 as told in the wiki but it doesn't help.

ath0 -> wlan0, not eth0 (as someone else pointed out).  Did you do
everything else in http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade ?

> When I tried 2.6.30 then back to 2.6.29, the touchpad is now acting as a sinple mouse, no tapping to double click or right click.

Please post your xorg.conf.

> If I install from scratch the debian from the wiki link, do you know if there is lxde on the repo and which kernel version will be installed and if my touchpad/wifi issues will be removed?

I wouldn't reinstall.  I'd just work through these issues.  I'm sure it
won't take long for us to sort out.

> If so, as I am a single user & nobody else use my eeePC, Do I need any session manager?

No.

> I've installed basic debian, gdm, x and lxde. Is gdm needed? What is the way to have a minimalist lxde install?

You can get rid of gdm.