[Debian-eeepc-devel] Super Hybrid Engine on eeepc 901c with kernel 2.6.31-6

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 22 23:21:39 UTC 2009

I demand that Shawn Lamson may or may not have top-posted...

> Thanks Darren - if I use your config on the 2.6.31.9 source do I also need
> to apply that rt2860 patch (yes, thats the driver that's used)?

No; the firmware loading is specific to the Debian kernel (DFSG-freeness
issues).

> The reason I moved to the 2.6.31-r6 and up was that the reports were that
> this was fixed in those versions (again, it seems to be a problem once
> again in 2.6.32, though)...

A different bug was fixed.

[snip]
> Thanks for the input, let me know about that patch and config, and i'll
> report back.

Which compiler version are you using? I ask mainly because there are
presently reasons to avoid 4.4 if certain kernel debugging options are
enabled.

[snip; you don't top-post, I don't remove context]
--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
| + Vermin Media. It's not "nothing to hide" but "you're invading my
privacy".

Identify your visitor.