[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with Linux 2.6.29 ?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue May 12 18:51:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009 14:23:17 +0200
Frédéric Boiteux <fboiteux at calistel.com> wrote:
>   I've tried this Debian Live system on a USB thumb drive, it works
> well, and I tried several suspend2ram with success, so the 2.6.29
> kernel can work on my hardware, good !
>
>   Then I tried to start the official Debian kernel 2.6.29 (latest from
> Sid, 2.6.29-4), with 'acpi_enforce_resources=strict' to solve the
> problem of eeepc_laptop taking about 20 s to start : during suspend2ram
> tests, I fall back in my problems.

Interesting.  The live image isn't based on the sid version but on a
backport.  See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade.  So
the Sid version gives different results, or did you just try something
that you never tried on the live image?

> I had a second computer to connect
> to my eeepc, seeing that it was only a Xorg problem, the system was
> running fine apart from screen corrupted/freezed (I can't change to a
> virtual console either by Ctrl-Alt-F* or by command like : chvt 1). I
> can re-use the screen by killing Xorg and then connecting again in gdm.
>   Then, I done some more experiments, and I'm quite sure the problem
> comes only when compiz-fusion is activated when doing s2ram, so I'll
> stay without these compiz effects and try to test it longer time …

Are you running Sid, then, or just Lenny + the Sid kernel?  I would not
suggest anyone use Sid at this time but am recommending Lenny + kernel
backport (as per the upgrade document above).

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org