[Debian-eeepc-devel] Problems with Linux 2.6.29 ?

Frédéric Boiteux fboiteux at calistel.com
Wed May 13 06:06:02 UTC 2009

Le Tue, 12 May 2009 15:51:40 -0300,
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> a écrit :

>> Interesting.  The live image isn't based on the sid version but on a
> backport.  See http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Upgrade.  So
> the Sid version gives different results, or did you just try something
> that you never tried on the live image?
With Sid's kernel version, I used my real system, Gnome desktop with
compiz, external monitor, some tweaks in Xorg (like  Option
"AccelMethod" "XAA" for Compiz), etc. So I don't know yet if my problem
comes from a wrong customization on my system or from the kernel, or
something else.

>> Are you running Sid, then, or just Lenny + the Sid kernel?  I would
> not suggest anyone use Sid at this time but am recommending Lenny +
> kernel backport (as per the upgrade document above).

I uses Lenny + Sid kernel, as I have an Atheros card managed only since
2.6.27 Linux kernel. I'll try kernel backport to see if it's different…

  Cheers,
	Fred.