[Debian-eeepc-devel] What is Super Hybrid Engine?

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Tue May 11 17:33:29 UTC 2010

Hi all,

sorry, if I ask in the devel list, but I think, this might be the right place.
I am using an EEPC 1005HA, running KDE4.4.3, Debian/sid.

My question:  What is the S.H.E. for?

I found answers related to Windows (As far as I found out, it shall step down
cpu and memory clock). There are some profiles available (automatic, powersave
etc.). So far, so well.

Is S.H.E. a hardware based solution?

As I am using "powerdevil" in KDE, how does S.H.E. work with powerdevil,
exactly, which profile take precedenc: the powerdevil one, or that of S.H.E?

I suppose, S.H.E. is always available, for example, if Iam not running KDE,
but my second favourite windowmanager LXDE, isn't it?

If there is a technical explantion, how S.H.E. is working in linux, I will be
happy, to read it. As I said before, I gjkoogled and found mostly ones related
to windows, or other questionings.

Thank you very much for any information!

Best regards

Hans-J. Ullrich