[Debian-eeepc-devel] eeepc-acpi-scripts integration: please test

Luca Niccoli lultimouomo at gmail.com
Wed May 12 15:39:17 UTC 2010

On 12 May 2010 15:39, Damyan Ivanov <dmn at debian.org> wrote:

> No reason to Conflict/Replace/Break $self, I guess? Is there a problem
> with a normal upgrade?

I think so, since the new version depends on acpi-support, the latter
needs to be installed, but it can't, since the old version conflicts
with it.
In this way, the old eeepc-acpi-scripts is first removed, than the new
eeepc-acpi-scripts preinst removes old configuration files that would
conflict with acpi-support, than the new packages are installed.
It could be that removing obsolete conffiles in preinst is enough
though, I'll give it a try.

> True. Ideally, toggling of wireless (and everything else) should be
> done by the kernel. I think things are moving in that direction, at
> least the kernel does its job on model 901 and our scripts are used
> only for notification.

I submitted #581312
I'm working on a simple script that should work with decently recent
kernels - with or without rfkill-input.
I'm afraid of the quirks of rt2860 though, and since I've changed my
card with an atheros (best 20$ investment you can do on a 901; ath9k
has reached an amazing level of functionality on pci-e cards) I can't
test them.
If this change is to be made, I'd suggest making it land in unstable
as soon as possible: since testing on a wide range of systems will
most probably show some regressions, the farther we are from the
release the safer we play.

Cheers,

Luca