[Debian-eeepc-devel] EEEPC 1005HGO + ppp-2.4.5-4 + O2

Hans-J. Ullrich hans.ullrich at loop.de
Sat Jan 22 12:47:22 UTC 2011

Am Samstag, 22. Januar 2011 schrieb Paul Menzel:
Hello Paul,

it seems, I have a fancy system. Obviously I am the only one in the world, who
got problems with ppp from squeeze and suspend-to-disk in squeeze on my EEEPC.

So, I think, I am better keep quiet and waiting for bugreports of other
people, who will maybe confirm or deny the same problems, when squeeze is
officially out.

In the meantime I got my solution: a) setting ppp to hold and b) do not use
suspend-to-disk. I think both problems will be fixed in the future anyway.

Of course I will go on finding out, what makes my system do not work properly
and if I find the reason, I will report it, no doubt. This avoids also people
saying: Look, Hans wining again. :))

> I agree with Julien [3] that your best chances to get this resolved are
> to contact the debian-user or debian-user-german list where hopefully
> more knowledgeable than me will be able to help. This problem is quite
> off-topic to the Debian-eeepc-devel list.

No, sorry, I need a developer, because only he knows, what he did change in
code since the last version. Scripts have changed, code has changed, but as I
am no coder, I cannot check for it.

> (By the way, if you have another system where Debian is running with
> this `ppp` version then you could compare the behavior or try some live
> CD which uses PPP 2.4.5. But I doubt that it is Eee PC related. Also you
> could send a log with `2.4.4rel-10.1` for comparison.)

No, sorry, I have no other system, where I can test it.
> […]
>

> Thanks and good luck for solving this problem,
>
> Paul
>
> > > [2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610025#10
>
> [3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=610025#19
> [4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/

Anyway, I am very thankfull for your response at all. Only very few people
reacted. I promise, not to make noise again.

Hapy hacking! Have fun!

Hans