[Debian-hebrew-common] OT: Questions to Hebrew(?) song ריח תפוח ואודם שני.

kobi zamir kobi.zamir at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 17:10:32 UTC 2010

the song is *very* hard to translate, it is using words full of
meanings and emotions like:
tzviyat hemed - witch translate to "cute roe deer" but probably means
very pretty.
odem shani - witch translate to "redness of red" but probably also
means very pretty, shani is a special beautiful shade of red.
http://he.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D7%A9%D7%A0%D7%99_%28%D7%A6%D7%91%D7%A2%29

on the plain side it is a song a bird is singing to his bride bird,
he is describing the beautiful spring and ask her to come to him :
(sorry for the awful translation :-( )

return bird on the wings of the wind
the grapes in my garden already swelling
the lemon is like perfume, the apples blossom
the rain has walked away, the winter is gone

who will bring you this letter ?
who will carry you bride to my garden ?
i will build you a nest on a branch in the top of a tree
the scent of apples the redness of red

come please come, beutifull
the fields are wearing dew
the sun is already red
in our cups the wine is red

return please return, the winter is gone
new morning summer brings
return bird to your nest
return dear to your home