[Debian-np-devel] Binary files, big problems

Benj. Mako Hill debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:31:04 -0700

--0sfHBSTGnC+DeT4/

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 01:06:45PM -0500, Micah Anderson wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
>=20
> > On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:29:24PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > > I was thinking about what is currently did in subversion in doc/
> > > directory and is really good produce documentation and reports *but*
> > > this should be done in a better format, IMHO.
> >=20
> > I think you're preaching to the choir. I can't speak for everyone else
> > but even if OOo produce non-binary-blob documentation, I'd still
> > advocate using something else. :)
>=20
> Indeed, I think we are almost finished with the docbook conversion of
> these files. All that remains is the personas appendix and the
> calendar. It would be nice to also put anchors in for the Appendix
> references in the files that reference them, but I dont know how this
> can be done without merging everything in one file (mako?)

You can just do it with normal xref and such. However, when you try to
validate, you will get errors/warnings on those references that are to
elements in other files. When you build the report-master.xml, it will
include them all and you should be good to go. If you validate the
report-master.xml, you should be getting something closer to what you
want anyway.

Regards,
Mako

--=20
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako@bork.hampshire.edu
http://mako.yukidoke.org/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS

--0sfHBSTGnC+DeT4/

--0sfHBSTGnC+DeT4/--