[Debian-np-devel] Fixing CIA again

Enrico Zini debian-np-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:37:14 +0100

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:44:03PM -0600, Micah Anderson wrote:

> CIA no longer is reporting to the irc channel, the RSS feed or to the
> list. I tried to figure out what was going on, and I couldn't. I can
> see that on alioth there is /svn/debian-np/hooks/post-commit that
> calls the /svn/debian-np/bin/ciabot_svn.py script which looks like it
> *should* work.
>=20
> I tried to get some log by adding some redirection of standard in and
> error to a log file, but nothing was ever created.
>=20
> $REPOS/bin/ciabot_svn.py "$REPOS" "$REV" >> /tmp/np-commit 2>&1
>=20
> Otavio, can you help me understand the problem?

It's probably a problem with ACLs having been reset to something silly.
It happens usually.

I've run my script to fix the permissions:

enrico@haydn:~$ bin/fixrepo debian-np
setfacl: bin/ciabot_svn.py: Operation not permitted
setfacl: bin/ciabot_svn.py~: Operation not permitted
setfacl: bin/mailer.py: Operation not permitted
setfacl: bin/mailer.py~: Operation not permitted
setfacl: hooks/post-commit: Operation not permitted
setfacl: hooks/post-revprop-change: Operation not permitted
setfacl: hooks/pre-revprop-change: Operation not permitted
enrico@haydn:~$=20

Please tell me if it fixed the problem this time, since I had problems.

Please have a look at that script so that you too can have an idea of
what happens.

Ciao,

Enrico

--