[Debian-ports-devel] debian-ports archive moving

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 11 09:57:17 UTC 2016

Hi Michael!

On 06/11/2016 09:46 AM, Michael Cree wrote:
> OK, I have spent the last couple of weeks filing binNMUs on haskell
> packages for alpha, hppa, sparc64 and x32 (after further automating
> the process).

You did an amazing job. We are now at 10,900 installed packages in sparc64,
we never had that many. Great job and thanks a lot for all the efforts!

> The remaining haskell packages are blocked because:
>
> alpha:
>
> haskell-src-exts FTBFS with a GOT overflow while linking.  Seems
> similar to the FTBFS on mips64el.
>
> hppa:
>
> haskell-http-conduit FTBFS (looks like test suite failure).
>
> sparc64:
>
> haskell-aeson FTBFS (test suite failure).
> haskell-cryptonite FTBFS (test suite failure).
>
> x32:
>
> haskell-text FTBFS
> haskell-cryptonite FTBFS
> (and maybe other failures to build).

I think it would be worth to report these issues to the GHC people, at least
by bringing it up in their IRC channel. These guys are amazing and are always
extremely happy to help with any bugs, even on obscure or old architectures.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org