[Debian-ppc64-devel] debootstrap

Andreas Jochens aj at andaco.de
Mon Jan 2 19:30:44 UTC 2006

On 06-Jan-02 15:26, Sven Luther wrote:
> What did ever happen of your move of the archive to the augsbourg machines ?

Hello Sven,

There was a nice offer to move the ppc64 archive from alioth to the
Debian/IBM machines in Augsburg a few weeks ago, but I did not hear
anything more about this since then. I still think that such a move
would be a good idea, especially because the offer also included the
creation of a full Debian dak/wanna-build setup for ppc64.

> Also, it has been decided to try for a multi-arch setup for etch, and i will
> be looking into this together with some others during this month and next.

This sounds promising. A working multiarch setup would make many things
much easier than they are now.

> Once the basic setup is there, would you be willing to participate in that
> effort, and later merge the pure64 effort into it, or still prefer to maintain
> a separate solution ?

I will certainly try to help in that effort if I can. Of course it would
be nice if the current experimental ppc64 efforts could somehow merged
into the planned multiarch archive.

Will the planned multiarch solution provide a way to install a full
64-bit userspace? I still think that it would be useful to have this
option - even if the default setup will be 32-bit powerpc plus some
64-bit libraries as a multiarch installation.

Regards
Andreas Jochens