[Debian-ppc64-devel] help: installing debian in a IBM pSeries power5 ppc64

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 21:17:22 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Which is the better way to install debian on this machine ?

My first try was to download the debian ppc netinst and trying to install
for power4 and after this to upgrade to ppc64, but the netinst cd doesn't
even boot.

After this I've downloaded the debian-testing-powerpc-netinst.iso that has a
install64 option but this iso was broken and the installation hadn't
finished.

Can anyone help me with this installation ?

Thanks
Rodrigo Vivi.