[Debian-ppc64-devel] G5 install tips - autobuilder?

Charles Plessy charles-debian-nospam at plessy.org
Tue Nov 6 00:21:01 UTC 2007

Le Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 04:08:46PM -0700, Chuck a écrit :

> I asked about autobuilder.  Is the doc right or wrong?  You make it
> sound wrong:
>
> http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org/
> "The debian-ppc64 archive on alioth has 98% of the source packages"
> "an autobuilder ... keeps the ppc64 archive up to date by building all
> new source package versions from the official Debian 'unstable'
> Distribution.  The autobuilder also uploads the packages to the publicly
> accessible ppc64 archive on alioth."

Chuck,

This mailing list and the surrounding project have official
developpers: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-ppc64/
Of them, only Sven answered, and his answer suggests that there has not
been progresses recently. Of this, and the other answers, you can
conclude that unless somebody how was actively involved of the project
tells, we will not know where the autobuilders are, what software they
use, and if they are still running (although there must be logs
somewhere).

I think that people on this list just try to warn you that the page you
cite may be completely outdated and that you can not expect much support
from this list. On the other hand, as you could read, some persons would
be interested in seeing the project continue, so if you manage to
restart things, if necessary from scratch, I am sure that some feedback
will be welcome.

Good luck,

--
Charles Plessy