[xml/sgml] package categories

Mark Johnson mrj@debian.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:21:06 -0500

On Monday, November 10, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
> Mark Johnson (mrj@debian.org) wrote:

> > Yep, that's a pretty exhaustive list, Ardo. Be best to reorganize cvs
> > now, while there are very few packages there (only mine, I believe).
>
> Well, I was not talking about CVS here, but about the list of packages to be
> put somewhere, somehow on the project's website, so that people can find what
> there looking for more easily.

Should we really distribute packages from the site? I guess I'd
assumed that all packages would go into the debian archive...

> In CVS the current division with 'packages' is fine, although I
> don't like it, since it requires updating CVSROOT/modules, but I can
> live with it.

Well, it does keep the repository a bit more organized...

> The overview should contain links to the PTS, the BTS, the buildds, etc.
> Basically, the first thing I would like to see is overview of all these
> packages and links to all the appropriate places in the Debian datamine
> for each package.  That way, we can easily track bugs and other issues.

Sounds like a great idea, and like a lot of work (and maintenance).

I can't take that task on, I've got to many irons in the fire already.

Cheers,
Mark