[debpool] Incoming features - debpool vs debarchiver

Magnus Holmgren holmgren at lysator.liu.se
Mon Apr 16 16:21:35 UTC 2007

On Monday 16 April 2007 17:51, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> I forwarded the discussion about debpool and debarchiver to you, Magnus.
> In this discussion I brought up some disadvantages of debpool over
> debarchiver in the incoming mechanism (Message-Id:
> <1148074757.6423.9.camel at localhost>).

For the rest of you, we're talking about overriding the distribution of a
package by uploading it into a subdirectory of incoming/.

I haven't brought that up yet, but it looks like something DebPool should
have. However, uploading .debs without .changes probably comes further down
the road, since DebPool is currently triggered by the .changes files only.
How does debarchiver know that a .changes file won't follow, except by
assuming it if it hasn't been uploaded within a certain time limit?

Magnus Holmgren        holmgren at lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)