[Debtags-devel] debram: 100 % prelim for sarge

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:02:27 +0000

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

The debram package-tagging effort has been two
years chasing the ever-expanding Debian archive.
The debram has hunted that tiger two years.
I am pleased to announce that yesterday the
hunter caught the tiger.  Although the Debian
archive is a strong, swift tiger---he will
seldom slow, he can never stop---today the
hunter has the tiger by the tail.

Statistics:

  16315 binary packages preliminarily ramified,
        including all of

  13933 binary packages listed in the
        archive's most recent (Jul 20 19:07)
        /dists/main/sarge/binary-i386/Packages,
        plus

   2382 various other packages (mostly old
        woody packages removed from sarge).

The next task: to check the 7834 tags new for
sarge (the 8481 older tags apply to woody
packages; they were checked last year).  The new
tags have not yet been checked at all; surely
they yet harbor hundreds of errors.  I start
checking today.  As previously planned, this
task remains on schedule for January 2005
completion.

On 1 July, Enrico wrote,

> First think, if you have an alioth account I'd
> be happy to add you to the project, just in
> case  :)

With Enrico's concurrence, the alioth debtags
repository would seem the proper place to keep
the new tag data.  I am "thb-guest" on alioth.
If Enrico added a debram subdirectory in the
appropriate spot and granted the needed access,
then I would post the new data there.

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
P.O. Box 1020, Christiansburg, Virginia 24068
USA; +1 540 961 0920, t@b-tk.org

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--