[Debtags-devel] Incompletely tagged packages

Enrico Zini zinie@cs.unibo.it
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:56:26 +0200

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 03:05:49AM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> When adding tags to packages that only have "not-yet-tagged" tags we
> probably should add some kind of "special::automatically-tagged" tag
> to flag this.
> http://debian.vitavonni.de/packagebrowser/edit.cgi?package=libgii0&tags=devel
> We need more tags for such libraries, and we need to sort out which
> were only automatically tagged.

I've been thinking about this, too.

Adding special::automatically-tagged doesn't help much, as it wouldn't
tell which tags are automatically added and which tags aren't.

What I was thinking was keeping all update messages you receive, and
aggregating them by sender; then, I would use a special sender address
to send with autodebtag.  All tags added by autodebtag and NOT by other
senders, would thus be automatically added.

This would also open the road to some control over what gets in (for
example, being able to track bad taggings and putting the sender in a
"verify-first" queue if (s)he often makes mistakes).

BTW, if you want, you can put the server infrastructure in subversion as
well, so that development would not necessarily have to be all on your
shoulders.

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L

--FCuugMFkClbJLl1L--