[Debtags-devel] Approximating sarge's final package list

Thaddeus H. Black t@b-tk.org
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 17:46:19 +0000

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

Debram (part of Debtags) needs something approximating
a final sarge package list.  The latest
/dists/sarge/main/binary-i386/Packages file
(2 April 2005) is publicly available, and this probably
suffices, but I have one question for Colin or whoever
else can briefly answer.

Question: at the moment, does testing significantly lack
packages which

  * were present in testing recently, and
  * will probably rejoin testing before the release?

In other words, is the present Packages file materially
unreliable as an approximate final sarge package list?
If no, then I would just use the present Packages file.
If yes, then I have a backup plan.

If the question seems too subjective, I would say that
I am not especially worried about some libobscure-
newthingie-perl which might sneak into testing just
before the freeze.  My concern is for older, established
packages which (for reasons I do not understand well)
happen temporarily to be absent from testing on my
sample date.  Should I worry about this?  Please advise.

--=20
Thaddeus H. Black
508 Nellie's Cave Road
Blacksburg, Virginia 24060, USA
+1 540 961 0920, t@b-tk.org

(Please reply to me also, not just to the list.)

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6--