[OT] Re: [Debtags-devel] libtagcoll updates

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 12:20:31 +0200

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 03:19:29PM -0700, Erich Schubert wrote:

> capable of restoring the filesystem. But I do not trust reiserfs
> since... especially since a lot of people I know had similar
> experiecnes.

Reiserfs development is actually now quite serious and with lots of
testing, regression testing and so on. AFAIK, one of the problems with
reiserfs is not how it's developed, but how it's distributed.  For
example, Debian had 2 different implementations of the reiserfs tools,
one official (and working) and one fucked up.  It was almost impossible
to tell the difference between the two, except that one would work and
the other would trash your disk.

I remember other similar crap happened in the past.  Poor Hans Reiser
gets quite frustrated sometimes, as this ruins his good name quite a
bit.

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l

--XsQoSWH+UP9D9v3l--