[OT] Re: [Debtags-devel] libtagcoll updates

Benjamin Mesing bensmail@gmx.net
Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:33:17 +0200

Hello,

> wrt reiserfs:
> I had a similar problem with reiserfs... actually reiserfsck made it worse...
> I ran reiserfsck in --dummy mode, and it recommended that I check the
> file system.
> So I did that. After that, I could only mount the filesystem
> read-only, another run of reiserfsck made that impossible, too... I
> think a later version of reiserfsck (half a year later) was actually
> capable of restoring the filesystem.

Yeah, "reiserfsck --rebuild-tree" (which was recommended by reiserfsck)
did scramble my partition much more than it was before and I was really
unhappy about this. This was the second time I stumbled into data loss
on reiserfs :-(

Greetings Ben