[Debtags-devel] Vocabulary updates, part 1

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:26:38 +0200

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

Hello,

I've added a new file "facet-classification" to:
   svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/debtags/vocabulary/trunk

In that file I define some editorial categories for facets, to say
something about their maturity.  This is what I put in:

   The facet is considered a wrong try; no more tags should be added
   using it, and the information it is used to represent should be
   categorized differently.

I've also added "Status:" fields to the facets in the vocabulary, to
document how much work they should get and how much they should be
considered reliable.

Possible outcomes of this:
 - one can look at it and see if how much they should trust the facets
 - applications can filter for only 'complete' or 'needing-review'
   facets
 - tagging people can add stuff and let the others know how serious they
   are about them
 - tagging people can judge the 'stability' of a tag when choosing if
   they should add it or not
 - tags in facets marked "complete" can be easily delegated for
   maintenance, for example to the package maintaner or to an interest
   group in that field.

This would also open the door to formalising some kind of editorial
process on the vocabulary.  I'll give it a try, then post a=20
"Vocabulary updates, part 2".

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9

--PEIAKu/WMn1b1Hv9--