[Debtags-devel] poptags

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Thu Aug 11 05:53:09 UTC 2005

Hello,

let me ask you what exactly you are doing:

> stratus at deadhorse:~$ ./poptags culture::brazilian
Do a debtags search and get the popcon rank of the result packages.

> stratus at deadhorse:~$ ./poptags debtags
Do a apt-cache (or other search). And get the the popcon rank of the
result packages.

Your application sounds useful to me. Crossing search results with some
kind of ranking mechanism is always a good idea, and popcon seems to be
a good candidate to provide a useful criteria.

I am highly interested in what you are doing. I'm developing and
maintaining the package search (GUI-)application  "packagesearch".
Currently I am in the process of implementing a scoring mechanism.
Therefore using popcon data is of high interest to me.

Greetings Ben