[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Aug 13 14:15:57 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:12:37PM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:

> Even if so, remember that "role::" doesn't mean "use::".  A

You are *absolutely right*.  Sorry, I was misguided.

> > or x11::game (as I wouldn't look for packages like
> > frozen-bubble under x11::application).  Maybe x11::entertainment instead
> > of x11::game, to include cappuccino, xsnow, xeyes?
> "Entertainment" is too broad, unless we want it to cover mozilla,
> vlc and pornview as well.  My own suggestion was "use::gameplaying".

Sounds good to me.  cappuccino, xsnow, xeyes, polygen are still looking
for some place to go, but not necessarily we have to find it now.

I'll try again.  I'd like to get to some agreement on this, so that the
thread isn't useless and I can proceed:

role::aux:data                  role::content:data
role::aux:dummy                 role::aux:dummy
role::aux:metapackage           role::aux:metapackage
role::aux:shlib                 role::sw:shlib
role::content:dictionary        moves to made-of::data:dictionary and
                                role::content:data
role::content:doc               ok
role::content:font              moves to made-of::data:fonts and
                                role::content:data
role::content:icons             moves to made-of::data:icons and
                                role::content:data
role::content:text              ok
role::content:userdoc           merges into content::doc
role::sw:applet                 moves to x11::applet and
                                role::sw:program
role::sw:application            moves to role::sw:program, merging with
                                role::sw:utility
role::sw:client                 ok
role::sw:devel-lib              ok
role::sw:driver                 moves to use::driver
role::sw:input-method           moves to accessibility::input-method
                                and role::sw:program
role::sw:plugin                 ok
role::sw:server                 ok
role::sw:theme                  moves to role::content:data and x11::theme
role::sw:utility                moves to role::sw:program, merging with
                                role::sw:application
x11::applet                     added
special::source			role::source
use::gaming                     use::gameplaying

Feel free to directly comment on this list or change it: I want to turn
it into action.  Soon.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>