[Debtags-devel] Updating tags on svn

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 23:46:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

> role::sw:backgrounder

I don't like this title. How about
role::sw:service
or
role::sw:background

> role::sw:application
>
>  Programs too complex, unfocused or featureful (as perl or the
>  autotools) to be called utilities.  Programs whose normal interface
>  is interactive or nonminimalistic (as mozilla or top).  Tools which
>  transform data in intricate, adaptive or highly nonobvious ways (as
>  latex or gcc).

+ Programs which are used standalone, and not in some "processing chain".

All the tags also need a one-line description (which usually is even
harder to write).

This is needed for UIs where we do not want to expose the (usually
confusing) tag title, but don't want to waste too much screen space
for the full description.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\