[Debtags-devel] "tagcoll findspecials"

Enrico Zini enrico@enricozini.org
Mon, 23 May 2005 10:43:35 +0200

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 11:32:04AM -0700, Erich Schubert wrote:

> > If you want you can send me the output of the compilation and I'll have
> > a look: I've been working quite a bit with tdb recently and I may be
> > able to help.
> Apparently tdb_lockkeys is missing from the library; it's still in the
> .h files, so my app compiles fine, it just doesn't link any more.
> I'm running current unstable, and I think it broke with the latest upgrade.

Ok, I've never used that function.  In fact, I don't use locks at all,
as I generate the index only once, and then I never change it.

The change is in the debian patch:

-int tdb_lockkeys(TDB_CONTEXT *tdb, u32 number, TDB_DATA keys[])
+/* lock/unlock one hash chain. This is meant to be used to reduce
+   contention - it cannot guarantee how many records will be locked */
+int tdb_chainlock(TDB_CONTEXT *tdb, TDB_DATA key)

It looks like a rename, although done in a kind of criminal way :)

Would using tdb_chainlock work instead?

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--