[Debtags-devel] Tag reorganization tutorial

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Tue Nov 8 13:29:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 11:03:37AM +0900, Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> On 11/8/05, Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org> wrote:
> > Then you need to tell the central database to reload the vocabulary
> > data, so that it will accept the tag in new tag patches:
> Does central tag database send some sort of confirmation mail that it
> indeed reloaded vocabulary? If not, how does one confirm it?

Yes, you will get an email saying that the operation has been
successful, and with the output of the svn checkout command done by the
server.

> > The `writevoc` script on Alioth just writes the standard input to the
> > right place and with the right umask.
> I'm not sure about right umask...
> $ gzip -c9 debian-packages | ssh sanxiyn-guest at alioth.debian.org
> /org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debtags/bin/writevoc
> mv: cannot move `vocabulary.gz' to
> `/org/alioth.debian.org/chroot/home/groups/debtags//htdocs/tags/vocabulary.gz':
> Permission denied

Gah, silly me!  The script worked fine.  Only, I forgot to make the
tags/ directory group-writable.  Now it should work.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at debian.org>