[Debtags-devel] Uploading new debtags packages

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Thu Sep 8 11:17:10 UTC 2005

Hello Again,

> Benjamin, when this is unblocked and the new debtags toolchain is up, I
> want to help you port packagesearch to the new API.
Ok, I am back online. So I can proceed with working on packagesearch.
Could you please elaborate what are the changes done on the debtags
libraries?
I noticed from one of your statements, that libdebtags is considered to
be deprecated. So it would probably make sense to switch to libaptfront
immidiately. However I have concerns regarding the startup time/memory
usage of packagesearch. In the long run, I am planning to use
libaptfront even for the apt plugin, but currently the apt plugin reads
the package database once. Will the new libaptfront do also read the
package database? Will it hold this in the memory. Currently I want to
access the tag database only.

And please point me to any location where I can find documentation
regarding the porting and regarding libaptfront.

Best regards Ben