[Debtags-devel] use::development

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Sat Sep 10 12:51:37 UTC 2005

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 11:59:09AM +0100, Justin B Rye wrote:

> Peter Rockai (mornfall) wrote:
> > Hi, any reason against this tag? Anyone else would find it useful?
> The devel:: facet is already effectively a use::devel: subsystem, so
> a generic use::development would be somewhat redundant... unless
> perhaps there were a lot of unclassifiable misc-devel packages
> without appropriate devel:: tags.  In that case they'd be candidates
> for a use::development tag; if they exist, I'm not recognising them,
> but that's perfectly possible.

But when one looks inside 'use', the facet does not have a 'developing'
tag, while that is indeed one of the main activities people do with
Debian.  I wouldn't mind adding it, for completeness sake.  Then maybe
later on we can decide to graft the devel:: tags inside use::developing.

So, uhm, I'd be in favour of adding use::developing actually.

GPG key: 1024D/797EBFAB 2000-12-05 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>