[Debtags-devel] use::development

Peter Rockai (mornfall) me at mornfall.net
Sat Sep 10 13:14:26 UTC 2005

On Saturday 10 September 2005 14:51, Enrico Zini wrote:
> But when one looks inside 'use', the facet does not have a 'developing'
> tag, while that is indeed one of the main activities people do with
> Debian.  I wouldn't mind adding it, for completeness sake.  Then maybe
> later on we can decide to graft the devel:: tags inside use::developing.
>
> So, uhm, I'd be in favour of adding use::developing actually.
Hmm, about developing, my dictionary says it, as a noun, means processing of
photosensitive material. The process of something being developed is probably
development. IMHO.
Re use::devel:xy, that will grow use:: another fair amount, do we really want
such huge facets? I would probably prefer to have the other aspects of the
use in separate facets. Also, devel::* would imply use::development (i keep
forgetting what's the plan with implications). And use::development should
(not must, but IMO should) imply presence of at least one devel:: tag. If
this is the case, there comes a two-way relationship, that would make it
possible to hide the whole implied facet for the first iteration of filtering
(keeping in mind that you really don't want to present more than a few facets
for starters).

Yours,
    Peter.

--
Peter Rockai | me()mornfall!net | prockai()redhat!com | +421907533216