Ways of presenting tags

Benjamin Mesing bensmail at gmx.net
Fri Jun 30 16:30:45 UTC 2006

Hello,

> I did not understand how packagesearch actually presents tags.  It seems
> to do something like hide the part of grouped tags before the ':', but
> I'd be grateful to Benjamin if he can explain it in detail.
Packagesearch uses the complete approach, providing the user the ability
to hide irrelevant facets through configuration interface. The reason
for it not showing the groups, lies in the code which was not revised in
a long time (was written before tag grouping existed), it searches
backwards for the first occurence of a ':'.

Best regards

Ben