Proposal for some new tags...

Marcin Owsiany porridge at debian.org
Wed Jul 4 17:19:15 UTC 2007

I just did a careful review of the tags for my packages, and found that
they could use the following hypothetic tags:

protocol::gg (Gadu-Gadu protocol. Very popupar in Poland, packages that
I know support it: ekg ekg2 libgadu3 libgadu-dev kopete gaim, possibly
more)

works-with-format::po (Portable Object for holding program messages and
their translations. My package potool would use it. Probably there are
lots more po file editors in Debian. Also automatic po file
processors/generators could use it)

culture::english (or anglo-saxon, or american.. I don't want a flamewar
on how it sould be called, you know what I mean. Would be nice for e.g.
ydpdict which is a Polish-German and Polish-English dictionary
interface. Probably there are lots more.)

works-with::sms (Short Messages System - i.e. text messages you send to
mobile phones. A package I co-maintain: sms-pl deals with that, there
are probably more)

use::notification (not sure if this is a good name. Would be useful for
packages that make user or another program aware of some fact:
 - sms-pl lets you send SMS notifications
 - xmotd, in one mode of operation, wakes up and displays a file when it
   changes
Maybe it's a little too general.. but maybe not.

--
Marcin Owsiany <porridge at debian.org>             http://marcin.owsiany.pl/
GnuPG: 1024D/60F41216  FE67 DA2D 0ACA FC5E 3F75  D6F6 3A0D 8AA0 60F4 1216