A small big step towards a new webapp

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Mon Dec 26 14:55:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 04:52:47PM +0100, Enrico Zini wrote:

>  - daily backup of the tag database: broken since today
>  - automatic tagging of not-yet-tagged packages: broken since today

This works now: after a much needed rewrite of most of the code, I've
just added the new daily maintenance procedure to crontab.

It's ALIVE again! Plus, the new maintenance procedure does not take the
whole backend offline as the old one used to do \o/

>  - statistical generation of tag suggestions: broken since today
>  - aggregate patches by submitter for approval: broken since Alioth
>    migration

These are next in the TODO-list, with a pretty clear plan of how to get
them back.

>  - daily update of vocabulary browser: broken since today
>  - email patch submission: broken since April Alioth migration
>  - QA tags generation: broken since April Alioth migration

Still missing, they will come next.

Note that the vocabulary browser at http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/vocabulary/
is up to date, and will be perfectly fine until the next change to the
debtags vocabulary on subversion.

The complete TODO list can be found at
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debtags/debtagsd.git;a=blob;f=TODO
I'm sorry some bits from my old brainstorming are still in Italian.

GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>