[Debtorrent-devel] Fwd: BitTorrent Protocol Expansion (Google SoC)

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 01:46:31 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cameron Dale <camrdale at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 27, 2007 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: BitTorrent Protocol Expansion (Google SoC)
To: Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au>

Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 10:37:44PM -0700, Cameron Dale wrote:
>> Are you suggesting that random people will use the same software for
>> distributing their packages (i.e. setup their own tracker),
>
> Well, their own swarm certainly, and their own seed. I wouldn't've
> thought the tracker itself was such a big deal either way.

I think the tracker might end up being one of the higher bandwidth costs of
running an archive, depending on how it's implemented. There might also be legal
implications, which I have no interest in getting into now.

The application has been submitted, and can now be commented on publicly
(perhaps to affirm your intention to mentor :) ). I'm not sure if this link will
work for you, but I can access it here:

http://code.google.com/soc/app.html?org=debian&csaid=camrdale%40gmail.com%3A92348082%3A27e2436d

Thanks for all your time, as I know you're busy, and I look forward to the
possibility of working with you on this.

Cameron