[Debtorrent-devel] Fwd: BitTorrent Protocol Expansion (Google SoC)

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 01:47:19 UTC 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cameron Dale <camrdale at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 30, 2007 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: BitTorrent Protocol Expansion (Google SoC)
To: Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au>

Anthony Towns wrote:
> Okay, so it's not being knocked down for having not worked last year,
> which is good :)
>
> What's your schedule like? Want to start poking at a wiki or something
> to collect ideas now? I've also been pondering whether it'd be worth
> trying to meet in person for a couple of days; doing so after debconf
> (end of June/early July) might be feasible for me.

Right now it's a little busy, what with classes finishing up in a couple
weeks. After that all is good. I might have some time this weekend to
put into starting a wiki page.

A wiki page sounds like a great idea. Perhaps it would be good to start
an alioth project for this, as it could be used to pull
together/coordinate with the people you mentioned before who are
interested in the project, even if the project doesn't get accepted.
That might be premature though. I read on the Gforge site that it has a
wiki in it, but I don't recall ever seeing that feature in alioth so
perhaps it's not enabled. In that case, will a single page on
wiki.debian.org be enough? I guess if there's a lot of information
gathering there we can always break it down into subpages. It would be
good to have a place to get some ideas down and for others to be able to
comment on them, as I've been making a lot of notes about how to
implement this and the issues involved.

In terms of meeting in person, I don't see how it will be possible
(unless you want to come to Vancouver, it's nice here in the summer :)
). I wasn't planning on attending DebConf. Although it would be nice,
and I've never been to one, the costs are too much I think. Sorry.

Thanks,
Cameron