[Dehs-devel] uscan exit statuses (bug #449660)

Raphael Geissert atomo64+debian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:09:11 UTC 2008

Hello Adam,

On 25/02/2008, Adam D. Barratt <adam at adam-barratt.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  In bug #449660, it was requested that uscan be modified to add a new
>  exit status which could be used to mean "some part of the process
>  (scanning for new version or downloading, primarily) failed, but the
>  failure message matched this regex". (For example, if the message
>  indicated that the server was temporarily lacking in free connections,
>  or down for maintenance for a short period.)

My MBF script already skips packages whose watch file warning contains
any of the following list of words/sentences:

'timeout', 'no route', 'server error', 'connection refused', 'try
again', 'cpan.org', ' 406 Not Acceptable', 'Parsing of undecoded UTF-8
will give garbage when decoding entities'

Note that cpan.org is there just because the mirroring system doesn't
seem to be aware of 'partial'? mirrors and similar situations where
the problem actually relies on a mirror and not on cpan.org itself.

>  As the request was in response to one of your DEHS mass bug filings and
>  the suggested use of the feature is to allow those automating the use of
>  watchfiles to (presumably) retry using the watchfile after a period of
>  time, is this a feature that would be of use to DEHS?

Since my first MBF was done when I had no access to dehs' "behind the
scene" part I couldn't recheck all the watch files before filling the
reports.
Now there's a weekly cronjob which forcibly retries the failing watch
files, and every now and then whenever I consider filling some more
reports I manually trigger that DEHS run to reduce the number of false
positives.

Adding that feature doesn't seem to worth the effort at least on DEHS side.

>  Regards,
>

>  Adam

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.

Say NO to Microsoft Office broken standard.
See http://www.noooxml.org/petition