licensecheck: fixes and improvements

Benjamin Drung bdrung at debian.org
Sat Oct 20 23:07:50 UTC 2012

Am Freitag, den 19.10.2012, 12:15 +1100 schrieb Dmitry Smirnov:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:51:12 Benjamin Drung wrote:
> > Re code style: How should values assigned: "x = 5" or "x=5"?
> >

> Whatever you like more -- either way is OK for me, I don't have strong
> preference.

I prefer with spaces (x = 5) and this style seems to be used for
licensecheck, too.

> > Patch 1 and 3 look good. Before applying, I like to see the files that
> > triggers the wrong result fixed by these patches.
> >

> For patch 1 you can find case in #688843 (as mentioned in patch header).
> In my email as of 12 of October I attached licensecheck.pl with embedded test
> case for this (see line 1212).

I applied patch 1 and tested it against the attached
modified-BSD-2-clause.py, but licensecheck still detects it as "BSD (2
clause)". The patch seems to short for the proclaimed change.

> Patch 3 is self-explanatory -- it is super-pedantic  ;)  to ask for license
> text for such case but we have it in the licensecheck.pl attached to my email
> as of 12 of October test #21 (see line 829). This patch fixes version
> detection -- without it GPL-3 may be detected as GPL.

Thanks. Applied.

--
Benjamin Drung
Debian & Ubuntu Developer