[Dict-common-dev] Re: dictionaries-common system and new aspell passing to testing this weekend

Anthony Towns ajt@debian.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:12:29 +1000

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 01:18:00PM +0200, Agustin Martin Domingo wrote:
> * Binaries from ispell 3.1.20.0-1.6 cannot be installed:
>     * wbritish(sh)

This is a red herring -- sh isn't a real architecture at the moment -- it
just has arch:all packages, and any of those that dep on an arch:any package
will be uninstallable.

> trying: ispell
> skipped: ispell (998+8)
>     got: 26+0: a-26
>     * alpha: ibrazilian, icatalan, iczech, idanish, idutch, iesperanto,=
=20
> ifaroese, ifinnish, ifinnish-large, ifinnish-small, ifrench,=20
> ifrench-gut, igerman, ihungarian, iitalian, ingerman, inorwegian,=20
> ipolish, iportuguese, irussian, ispanish, iswedish
> but all them seem ready to pass along with ispell=20

Right -- the testing scripts need some hand holding to cope when multiple
packages have to progress into testing simultaneously. Look for a "recur:
ispell" line -- if there's one, that means "ispell" is getting the hand
holding treatment, and the following "endloop:" line will tell you what
problems still need fixing. There should be such a line when tomorrow's
testing run completes, which'll be in, say, 18 hours from now, probably.

FWIW, last time this was tried one or two of the i<foo> packages
weren't ready to move along (ie, they were listed as "Not considered"
in update_excuses).

> The only reason I can think of is that ispell build-depends on wenglish,=
=20
> which has a RC bug (#170490, who by the way should not affect at all and=
=20
> also pass, since it is tagged 'sarge, sid, woody'), but I am not at all=
=20
> sure of this,

RC bugs need to be fixed, not tagged as "sarge, sid, woody". Letting
packages with RC bugs into testing is _never_ a Good Thing, even when
the package already has RC bugs. RC bugs should not be left until an
unspecified later time without _very_ good reason.

Cheers,
aj

--=20

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --=20
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--