[Docker-maint] docker-libkv_0.0~git20150829.0.2954a88-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at debian.org
Wed Sep 16 16:50:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 02:44:20AM +1000, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2015 09:32:25 Tianon Gravi wrote:
> > In theory, yes, but in practice the "pkg-go" team is much better
> > equipped to handle them, since they're really very standard Go
> > packagings (which is why I'm working on "docker-registry" and "notary"
> > over in "pkg-go", and why I moved "rawdns" over as well).
>
> It makes sense... I might do it eventually -- probably with next package
> upload...

Why not stage the package where it belongs and wait to upload it for the
next upload?

> However now I'm confused what Docker-team is for... Merely to maintain just
> one single package??

Um, no. Please read my email.

Stuff like Kubernetes - yes. Stuff like Swarm - yes. Stuff like a
library that Swarm needs to run - no. That's a Go library. You don't
need the whole dep chain in one team, dependency relations work across
the archive.

Frankly, i'm a bit concerned that I keep having to send corrective mails
like this. With the Debian account comes unrestricted archive rights.
If you're unsure on what to do, please ask, don't guess. I'm sure tianon
or myself can answer your questions.

If you need someone to review your changesets, feel free to ping the go
team or tianon and myself, depending.

> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=795652#12
>
> I just don't feel like using pkg-go team for everything... I do not feel
> comfortable putting Kubernetes there...

Kubernetes is fine. Some go package it uses is not. Please use the right
team for the right package. You'd not put a Python module in pkg-go
because some go program shells out to a program written in Python.

Again, to be clear -- the idea here is that we want packages that depend
on Docker's API or help use Docker in pkg-docker, packages just in the
Dependeny closure are not.

Cheers,
  Paul